We are also a church that loves to be in community with one another! Every week after worship we have a coffee fellowship where we catch up with one another. We also have at least one fellowship opportunity each month which has included everything from watching a movie or play to a potluck lunch after worship.
Central Christian Church marked its 150th anniversary in 2013. Established in 1863 under the leadership of our first pastor, Rev. Charles Carlton, the first church building was erected in 1867 in the West End Historical District (presently the 700 block of Ross Avenue). In 1953, the congregation moved to 4711 Westside Drive and called Dr. E.C. Rowand, Jr. to be the pastor.
Our congregation is active in serving our community in a variety of ways. An acre of our property behind the church is devoted to a community dog park. Our members donate food and other necessities to the North Dallas Shared Ministries on a year-round basis. Home-made pies are baked in the church kitchen several times during the year and donated to area homeless shelters. We are proud to be a “tithing" congregation, meaning that 10% of our collected money is invested in various global and community ministries.